Thursday, August 1, 2024

Our Light



I feel a pull (I believe it's within you too) to rediscover and reawaken the universe within me. To feel it energetically. To feel connected. To feel free.

I am inviting creativity to enter and envelop me. Creativity to listen closely to my angels as they nudge and whisper and holler from their homes in the cosmos. Creativity to sit in the slivers of silence that find me, and breathe deeply. Creativity to nurture and nourish the universes within my children, husband, family, and friends. Creativity to sing the songs that slip through me, yearning to be heard. Creativity to dance when my body is stiff with the stuff of sadness. Creativity to write with my honest, holy heart. Creativity to ease into all uncertainty.

I believe the universe is calling us all to stop this nonsense. To flee the fog. To receive peace.

The child under the rubble is a universe. The child pursuing refuge is a universe. The child discharging the missile is a universe. The child in political royalty is a universe.

Hurting does not heal the hurting.

Within every one of us is a universe, one of light and dark. The darkness is deep and dense and can entice. But life does not thrive in the darkness. Darkness shriveles and shrinks us. Darkness is where we sleep. Life needs light. Life needs our suns. Life needs us to shine.

Recently, someone reminded me of the universe within me. He said I am my most authentic self because I seek evolution. This journey, this life, this being, is true and whole already, at this blessed moment.

We must drag ourselves from the dense. deep, and dark and seek the light. This is where energy is. This is where vibrancy is. This is where life is.

I am my evolution. My evolution is me. And evolution extends to everything. You. Me. The trees. The seas. The soils. The animals. The cultures. Everything (and I mean, EVERYTHING) is temporary, fleeting, seeking life in the light.

This isn't to say I don't make messy mistakes all over the place. The mission is acceptance and gratitude. Gratitude for life. Gratitude for the light and the books and the conversations and the international connections we can create and cultivate with this virtual multiverse, The Internet. Gratitude for space to rest. Gratitude for hope, however thin it is. Gratitude for seeking and the purpose of it. Gratitude for the peace that is, and gratitude for the peace that will come and lean itself and lift itself into the light - into all of our light. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Blue Woman

I am the blue woman, crying into the color, seeking the light within.   This painting was made by my beloved Christina many years ago. She ...