Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ties




Our words disguise themselves as black bird bounty hunters,
running the telephone lines between our bedrooms,
taking offense prisoner and demanding jars of tears
for ransom. Hastily, my messengers
leave me for she and the rubber
lines begin to rise, fray and gather
into a blurred mass of curly cassette tape ribbon -never to be restored or replayed.- The birds dangle, strangled by the mangled snarls of misinterpretations and debatable dichotomies. A useless illegible mess waiting to be smoothed, soothed and perhaps even removed.
You can disown me.
My stubborn sister states with the frustrated finality of fragility.

Mother may I borrow your sharpest comb,
your gardening gloves and your best kitchen knife?
I can't de-tangle the ties of my thick knotted no's.
I can only sit here, watching, waiting
for a great wind to blow us back
to when we were girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wise Friend

A wise friend is akin to a book of old wisdom.  A book of bone and soul and skin. A book that breathes and speaks and eats. A book with a so...