Monday, November 23, 2009

POCKETS of STRESS

STRESS joined a small young family. It sat with them at dinner; laid with them in bed and slept inside the young husband's pockets during the day, awaking with every jostle to bite his leg with its short pointy teeth. The young wife tried to hide STRESS in her pockets, but her pockets were too shallow. This particular ball of STRESS only fit inside a man's deep-pocketed trousers. And because she could not pocket it, the young wife began laughing and dancing wildly to distract her husband, but eventually she would grow tired and pause and during those pauses, STRESS's screams would be heard again, its bites felt again.



One day, the young husband dreamed, he wouldn't rely on STRESS to pay the heating bill, the monthly rent and the food expenses and when that day comes, he will evict STRESS from his pockets.



6 comments:

  1. Rachel Marie--

    I have just read your most recent posts. Your writing is funny, thoughtful, poignant, lovely, provocative.....all of these things. I read and I am taken to another place. Coming from an unbelievably avid reader who does so because it brings me to other places, this is the highest of compliments!! Don't ever stop....
    Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I LOVE you. Thank you. I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rach - this last one about stress is really good. Elaborate on it and send it somewhere. Maybe you should take a writing course to get yourself out there - you are good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rach-
    You are a painter with words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I was serious at thanksgiving. I think you have become an amazing writer! You have to get it out there so you can make some money off your talent! I love reading your new entries! I get disappointed when there's not new ones! It's better than reading a whole book and I don't have time for that so the short stories are fun to read! Keepup the good work! Love ya, Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for all the !!!!I'm not yelling at you Haha. I didn't realize how excited I was about my post until after I read it. Haha

    ReplyDelete

A Wise Friend

A wise friend is akin to a book of old wisdom.  A book of bone and soul and skin. A book that breathes and speaks and eats. A book with a so...