Monday, November 30, 2009

Adventures to Film and Photograph

My brother is going to Afghanistan. He isn't a soldier. He's the photographer, writer and filmographer for a fitness company. He is going to film soldiers working out on an airbase. It will take him days on planes and hours on bumpy dirt roads to get there.


At one point, I imagine he'll think, 
I'm glad Mom can't see me now. At another point, I imagine he'll think, I wish Dad could see me now.

I just hope his big muscles and bravery can protect him from hidden road side bombs, airplane crashes and frantically flying bullets. These thoughts are far worse when written, but I currently do not have any sugar in the pantry to coat them with so please chew them slowly and wash them down with water.


I fear Patrick's death. Why wouldn't I? He's my brother.


2 comments:

  1. As always, your writing pulls no punches, and kicks like a mule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have complete confidence in Patrick's ability to avoid all danger. And I am sure he will not let me down!

    ReplyDelete

A Wise Friend

A wise friend is akin to a book of old wisdom.  A book of bone and soul and skin. A book that breathes and speaks and eats. A book with a so...