Tuesday, February 26, 2019

I am life.


I once thought my emotions were asleep under my skin, resting there like a wounded beast, weeping quietly, waiting for my attention and self-pity, but this is not so.

It is the show of the ego - an unwanted actor addicted to my cheers and jeers, my whistles, whispers, boos, and bravos.

Well, hello to the show! Hello!

I see you.

I am in the audience, watching your production of pain and conditioned thinking. No longer do I find you funny, fun or full of fury. No longer do I applaud your dramatic monologues, your cyclical sobs, or any of your self-righteous banter. 

Now I am calling for an orchestra of wind instruments to blow through you. Soon the commotion of your emotions will become silence. Then snoring. Yes, peace can be quite boring! Good. You go sleep in the wings, while I fly, dance and sing to the cathedral ceilings of my being. I am turning off your spotlights and I am turning on the ghost light. I am calling for the fall of your curtains too, the letting down of soft consciousness.

One day, I will build a box of metaphorical matches and burn this place to the ground, leaving you a shadow without a stage and me naked in the woods of the world.

I am not you, ego. I am not my thoughts.

I am the naked body. I am the woods and the world. I am life.

Eckhart Tolle told me so. In a book. And I believe him.
  
I am life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wise Friend

A wise friend is akin to a book of old wisdom.  A book of bone and soul and skin. A book that breathes and speaks and eats. A book with a so...