Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Breaking Point




"I have been waiting for my break." I tell him.

I really thought something would happen when I graduated from college. That I would be discovered in New York City. That an agent would look past my terror and inability to dress myself. That a director would look past my sudden amnesia for the lines I had memorized for his audition and think: "I'll bet she's a great actress. I am going to hire her."

But that, of course, did not happen.

After one year, I did not become the next Katherine Hepburn. I became timidly negative.

We moved from New York City and like a stubborn friend, I have not been back to visit.



I tell this to Scott, even though he knows it. "Now, I hope the same for my writing" but my past failures keep flicking at my ears until they are red.



2 comments:

  1. Failure is what makes us strong -some of the most successful people have "failed." The mistakes are all part of the journey. But you have neither failed nor made mistakes - it's your personal journey. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've written on your blog Rach.
    Listen to your mother-
    we all fail, but its the getting back up part that matters.
    With that said, she's right-you didn't fail....it just didn't turn out like you thought it might.
    Its like a giant puzzle-someday, down the road, you'll see how all these pieces of Rachel's road fit together...and you'll smile.

    ReplyDelete

A Wise Friend

A wise friend is akin to a book of old wisdom.  A book of bone and soul and skin. A book that breathes and speaks and eats. A book with a so...