Friday, June 5, 2009

Karaoke Night



I didn't want to go, but I didn't want to not go again and so I went.

I have hid in the bathroom. I have made up excuses. I have run to the train station before they were outside smoking their cigarettes and organizing carpools.

I am not fun, I want to tell them.
I am exceptionally miserably terribly uncomfortably bad at conversations with acquaintances. I can't keep eye contact for longer than a blink and I can never hide the fact that I am drowning in social misery.

I didn't tell them this. Instead, I went.
Now they know not to ask me again.


1 comment:

  1. this is a beaaautiful photo. who cares if youre socially awkward. you take nice photos.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

A Wise Friend

A wise friend is akin to a book of old wisdom.  A book of bone and soul and skin. A book that breathes and speaks and eats. A book with a so...