Sunday, May 31, 2009

EGGS!





Strangled by the kitchen's chaos, I take a plate of three eggs over medium to a customer who ordered two eggs over hard. Then someone else takes the two eggs over hard to a customer who ordered three eggs over medium and that customer returns it for being too well done and for missing an egg.

When explained to the cook, he refuses to remake the three eggs over medium. 
"It's not my fault." He says. "Just make it Paulo. Make it!" I yell over his refusals to cooperate. "JUST MAKE THE FUCKING EGGS!"
If I were a rational person, I would apologize again for my mistake and ask Paulo calmly to remake the plate, but in the heat of the kitchen I can only scream egg obscenities.

2 comments:

A Wise Friend

A wise friend is akin to a book of old wisdom.  A book of bone and soul and skin. A book that breathes and speaks and eats. A book with a so...