Friday, May 1, 2009

Sample





A few weeks ago, Scott's digestive system formed an official attack on the front linings of his stomach. A revolution? A game of Battleship? We don't know. It could be a food allergy.



Tuesday morning he calls me from the doctor's office while I am folding laundry. "They told me they were sending me to get a stool sample...but I don't think I have to go."

Later, he meets me at the Laundromat. He holds a paper bag and inside the paper bag there is a take home test and three days' worth of stool sampling instruments as well as:

7 test tubes,
3 plastic bags,
1 poop catcher,
3 rubber gloves,
1 piece of paper, black and white instructions (with pictures)




I thought my job of handling leftover food was repulsive, but there are people who open these test tubes and handle the REAL leftovers. 

Poop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wise Friend

A wise friend is akin to a book of old wisdom.  A book of bone and soul and skin. A book that breathes and speaks and eats. A book with a so...