Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pet Store Pup





"Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"Its your turn to wipe him."

"Ugh...again?"

"Wipe?" I ask.
Wipe the puppy's posterior, my little sister tells me.
"WHY?" I ask. 

"Because, otherwise, it can stay on his fur!"

"But, he's a dog." I remind her.

A puppy, a pooping puppy just weeks old, just a pound heavy, and just getting over a cold. The puppy sneezes. "God bless you!" I hear. The puppy sneezes again and again and again. And I hear, "GOD bless you! Bless you! BLESS you!" I listen with my eyeballs rolling into judgment. But then I remember that she is different from me. She will always be different from me. She is like her pet store puppy and I am like a mutt retrieved from the pound. We both have lots of love to give.
She just costs more.

4 comments:

  1. haha. that's hilarious. and true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um excuse me Rachel the vet told me to wipe his ass...he can get worms easily!!! I'd rather wipe his tush than deal with him getting worms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha - I'm laughing out loud! Pet store puppy verses the pound mutt - what a great analogy!

    ReplyDelete

A Wise Friend

A wise friend is akin to a book of old wisdom.  A book of bone and soul and skin. A book that breathes and speaks and eats. A book with a so...